Friday, May 25, 2012

Sewing / cutting table

This has been my project for several weeks.  My largest carpentry endeavor thus far...The surface is 44"x51" a great size for cutting and handling bulky sewing projects. The open back is a great sewing space.  Storage is galore & the cabinet space is for sewing machine storage. I bought 2 inexpensive 24" kitchen units, joined them together, veneered the sides & back, topped it with an extending top and finished the back as a table.  I reenforced the bottoms for weight of old machines, stained & finished.  It's a nice piece, built to last.  I debated on the height.  I wanted a comfortable cutting height, but needed to keep it accessible for reaching my sewing peddle. it is 32" tall and my sewing chair is 24", so it works well.   Now I have no excuse for the mess....right?


1 comment:

Debbie said...

The pictures don't do it justice. It is awesome. Have started on my sewing cabinet already!